- What kind of car did Columbo drive?
Lieutenant Columbo drove a 1959 Peugeot 403 Cabriolet.
- Why did Columbo drive a Peugeot 403 Cabriolet?
The car was a gift from Columbo’s wife, who had bought it for him because she thought it was “cute”. Columbo was initially reluctant to drive the car, but he eventually came to love it. He often referred to it as “the little yellow car”.
- How many Peugeot 403 Cabriolets did Columbo drive?
There were two Peugeot 403 Cabriolets used in the Columbo series. One was a 1959 model, and the other was a 1960 model. The 1959 model was used in the first few seasons of the show, and the 1960 model was used in the later seasons.
- Is the Peugeot 403 Cabriolet a rare car?
The Peugeot 403 Cabriolet is a rare car. Only about 10,000 were produced, and most of them were sold in Europe. As a result, the car is now a sought-after classic car.
- Is the Peugeot 403 Cabriolet still in production?
No, the Peugeot 403 Cabriolet is no longer in production. It was discontinued in 1961.