Welcome, It’s a pleasure to have you here. Your name alone exudes a sense of value and importance, and I have no doubt that your presence will bring the same. Whether you’re here to seek advice, knowledge, or simply to engage in conversation, I am ready and eager to assist you in any way I can. So let’s get started on this journey together, and discover all the amazing things that await us!
The Mahindra Thar is available in several variants, each with its own set of features and specifications. Here are the different variants of the Mahindra Thar that were available:
- AX STD: This is the base model of the Thar and comes with features such as power steering, manual air conditioning, and a 6-speed manual transmission.
- AX OPT: This variant adds features such as front and rear fog lamps, a 12V power outlet, and a rear parking assist system.
- LX: This variant offers additional features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, power windows, and a height-adjustable driver’s seat.
- LX OPT: This variant adds features such as alloy wheels, automatic climate control, and a rearview camera.
- LX AT: This variant comes with an automatic transmission in addition to all the features of the LX variant.
- LX Diesel AT: This variant is similar to the LX AT, but is powered by a diesel engine.
- Red Rage
- Mystic Copper
- Galaxy Grey
- Napoli Black
- Rocky Beige
- Copper Red
- Midnight Black
- Bright White
- Exterior: The Mahindra Thar has a rugged and muscular design with a signature front grille, bold wheel arches, and off-road ready bumpers. It comes with LED headlamps, fog lamps, tail lamps and turn indicators for better visibility.
- Interior: The Thar’s cabin is spacious and comes with modern features like touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, a multi-information display instrument cluster, automatic climate control, power windows, and a tilt-adjustable steering wheel. The seats are comfortable and can be configured in multiple ways to suit different needs.
- Engine: The Thar comes with a choice of two engines: a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo petrol engine that delivers 150 bhp and 320 Nm of torque, or a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that delivers 130 bhp and 300 Nm of torque. Both engines are paired with a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Off-road capabilities: The Thar is designed to handle tough off-road conditions with ease. It comes with a low-range transfer case, shift-on-the-fly 4×4 system, and mechanical locking differential that allows it to tackle any terrain. It has an impressive approach angle of 41.8 degrees, departure angle of 36.8 degrees, and a water wading capacity of 650 mm.
- Safety: The Thar is equipped with safety features like dual airbags, ABS with EBD, roll cage, front seat belts with pre-tensioners, and a speed alert system.
- Dimensions: The Thar has a length of 3985mm, width of 1855mm and a height of 1920mm. It has a wheelbase of 2450mm and a ground clearance of 219mm.
- Engine: The Thar is available with two engine options: a 2.0-litre mStallion turbocharged petrol engine that delivers 150 bhp and 320 Nm of torque, and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that delivers 130 bhp and 320 Nm of torque. Both engines are available with a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Fuel efficiency: The petrol variant of the Thar has a claimed fuel efficiency of 12.35 kmpl for the manual transmission and 13.0 kmpl for the automatic transmission. The diesel variant has a claimed fuel efficiency of 15.2 kmpl for the manual transmission and 15.98 kmpl for the automatic transmission.
- Suspension and brakes: The Thar features independent front suspension with coil springs and a multi-link rear suspension with coil springs. It has disc brakes at the front and drum brakes at the rear.
- Off-road capabilities: The Thar is designed for off-road adventures and has impressive off-road capabilities. It has a shift-on-the-fly 4×4 system with a low range transfer case, mechanical locking differential, and an approach angle of 41.8 degrees, departure angle of 36.8 degrees, and a water wading capacity of 650mm.
- Jeep Wrangler: The Jeep Wrangler is a direct competitor to the Thar and is known for its legendary off-road capabilities. It comes with a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine that delivers 268 bhp and 400 Nm of torque, paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Force Gurkha: The Force Gurkha is another off-road capable SUV that competes with the Thar. It comes with a 2.6-litre diesel engine that delivers 90 bhp and 260 Nm of torque, paired with a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny: The Maruti Suzuki Jimny is a compact SUV that is yet to be launched in India. It is known for its off-road capabilities and compact dimensions. It comes with a 1.5-litre petrol engine that delivers 100 bhp and 130 Nm of torque, paired with a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission.
- Tata Safari: While the Tata Safari is not an off-road SUV like the Thar, it competes in the same price range and offers a spacious cabin and comfortable ride quality. It comes with a 2.0-litre diesel engine that delivers 168 bhp and 350 Nm of torque, paired with a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Mahindra Thar is a rugged and capable off-road SUV that has been designed for adventure seekers who want to explore the great outdoors. With its impressive ground clearance, 4×4 capabilities, and powerful engine options, the Thar is well-suited for tackling tough terrain and rough roads.
In addition to its off-road capabilities, the Thar also offers a comfortable and modern cabin, packed with features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, and a digital instrument cluster.
Overall, the Mahindra Thar is a versatile and reliable SUV that can take on any challenge you throw at it, whether it’s cruising on the highway or exploring off the beaten path. With its attractive price, stylish design, and strong performance, the Thar is a compelling option for anyone looking for a capable SUV in India.
What is the starting price of the Mahindra Thar?
The starting price of the Mahindra Thar is around Rs. 12.11 lakh (ex-showroom) for the base variant.
Does the Mahindra Thar come with automatic transmission?
Yes, the Mahindra Thar is available with a 6-speed automatic transmission in both petrol and diesel variants.
What is the fuel efficiency of the Mahindra Thar?
The petrol variant of the Thar has a claimed fuel efficiency of 12.35 kmpl for the manual transmission and 13.0 kmpl for the automatic transmission. The diesel variant has a claimed fuel efficiency of 15.2 kmpl for the manual transmission and 15.98 kmpl for the automatic transmission.
What is the ground clearance of the Mahindra Thar?
The Mahindra Thar has a ground clearance of 219mm, which makes it suitable for tackling tough terrain and rough roads.
Is the Mahindra Thar a safe car?
Yes, the Mahindra Thar comes with a host of safety features, including dual airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, and a high-strength steel body. The Thar has also received a 4-star rating in the Global NCAP crash test, which is a testament to its safety features.
What are the colours available in the Mahindra Thar?
The Mahindra Thar is available in six colours: Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige, and Aquamarine.