Chaos at Fiery Crash Site: Injured Boy’s Abandonment Shakes Western Sydney

A fiery crash in Western Sydney sparked a bizarre series of events as one of three males inside the car fled the scene and returned with a shopping trolley, taking one of the badly injured occupants to a nearby home, and leaving a badly injured boy behind.

The incident began when the allegedly stolen car smashed into a tree at the intersection of Pendock Rd and Sheringham Rd in Cranebrook just before 7:30 pm on Thursday, bursting into flames.

The car was allegedly stolen from a Cranebrook home in a break-and-enter on Wednesday. “The residents of the home were asleep at the time and not disturbed,” NSW Police said.

Following the crash, bystanders helped pull three males out of the vehicle, including a 12-year-old boy with a broken leg and hip injuries. Another of the occupants suffered a broken leg and head lacerations.

The third occupant allegedly fled the scene and returned with another person and a shopping trolley. They placed the older male who had suffered the broken leg and head lacerations into the trolley and carted him away to a nearby home, NSW Police said.

Chaos as injured boy abandoned at fiery crash in Western Sydney

Meanwhile, the 12-year-old was treated at the scene by NSW Ambulance paramedics and transported to Nepean Hospital, where he remains in a serious but stable condition.

“A short time later, NSW Ambulance paramedics were called to a home on Rosannah Way, Cranebrook, where a man could be heard yelling in distress from within the premises,” NSW Police said.

But responding paramedics were refused entry into the home. They called the police, who were also refused, prompting a forced entry from the Public Order Riot Squad over “concerns for the man’s welfare”.

Once inside, two men aged 40 and 55 were capsicum sprayed by police after allegedly hindering them further. “A Taser was also deployed on an aggressive dog,” NSW Police said.

The injured and distressed male was then located and treated by paramedics at the scene. He is yet to be formally identified, but 7NEWS understands he is a teenager. He was transported to Westmead Hospital where he underwent mandatory testing and currently remains in a serious but stable condition.

The 40-year-old man and 55-year-old man were arrested and taken to Mt Druitt Police Station. They were both charged with hindering or resisting police officers in the execution of duty and granted bail to appear at Penrith Local Court.

The 55-year-old man is set to appear in court on September 14, and the 40-year-old man on September 21.

“The dog was uninjured and left in the care of a neighbor, NSW Police said.

“Specialist police from the Crash Investigation Unit have commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the crash as well as attempting to identify the driver of the vehicle.”

Anyone with relevant information or dashcam footage is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.

Read more news:


  • Norman

    Meet Norman, your go-to source for the latest working car prices and news. With a deep-seated love for automobiles and a keen eye for industry trends, Norman is your connection to the dynamic world of cars. Armed with a degree in Automotive Journalism, Norman delivers accurate and engaging information to empower readers in their automotive pursuits. From classic roadsters to cutting-edge electric vehicles, Norman deciphers the intricate details, making them accessible to both enthusiasts and newcomers. Beyond the keyboard, you'll find Norman under the hood of his own car, embarking on road trips, and exploring auto shows. Join him in navigating the ever-changing roads of the automotive landscape.

    View all posts

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top